Postnatal Support & The Fourth Trimester
There is often a lot of focus on maternal health and wellness throughout pregnancy, but once the baby arrives all of the attention turns to this new little life and the mothers health takes a bit of a back seat. As a baby is born, a mother is also born and this is called “matrescence”, one of life’s biggest adjustments. Our brains physically change, our hormones are all over the place, our bodies are recovering from labour, we are sleep deprived, adjusting to breastfeeding and on top of all of this is the worry of taking care of this little person. It can be a wonderful but overwhelming time!
The Fourth trimester is the 3 months following the birth of a baby, and in many cultures the new mother is supported by other women as she goes through this period of matrescence. This leaves her free to rest, recover, nourish her body and bond with her baby as she establishes breastfeeding. This doesn’t tend to happen in the UK! I want to support you through this time, equipping you with the knowledge of how to best nourish your body, to help it repair and to recover from the huge effort of growing a human!
6 Weeks – £275
This 6 weeks of 1:1 support will ideally take place during the last trimester so you can prepare in advance for the birth of your baby and the period immediately after. Included in the package is:
- 3 x 1 hour consultations taking place every two weeks on the lead up to your due date
- A review of your pregnancy to date, focusing on your health during this time
- Support to the maternal gut microbiome and the vaginal microbiome with education on why this is so important for the health of your baby
- Advice on foods during labour and the hours immediately after
- A nutritional and supplement plan for the remainder of pregnancy and the fourth trimester
- Recipe ideas that are great to prepare in advance or easy to make once you have given birth
- E-mail support over the whole 6 week period, as and when you need it
- A 30 minute check-in call following the birth of your baby
Get in Touch
I'd love to chat!
If you are interested to learn more about how Nutritional Therapy could help you or you want to explore which package to go for then book a free, no-obligation 25 minute discovery call.